Fast N. Lucy #333
Photo by Fast N. Lucy
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- I played my first game on the home team in September of 2017.
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- Derby keeps me active, keeps me sane, and keeps me in good company with my lovely teammates.
- What do you love about Dutchland?
- I love that Dutchland not only allows you to be yourself, but encourages and highlights your talents on and off the track. I skate with professors, moms, make-up artists, social workers, copy editors, chemists, you name it.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- Getting the chance to play on the home team this Fall.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- Probably when I showed up to All-Star practice as a new tot and started putting rental skates on! HAH!
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- I always say showing up on the first day is the hardest part of derby. If you are looking for a sign to try it, THIS IS IT! We can't wait to meet you.
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- Dutchland has helped me grow physically. I had always played sports as a kid but was never terribly passionate about any of them. Derby is the perfect combination of sporty and social! There is nothing better than your friends rooting for you to crush a new physical goal.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Come play with us or come cheer us on in 2018!