La Luchadora #922
Photo by La Luchadora
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- August 2016
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- Growing up, I played lots of sports and loved to go roller skating. I love the athleticism and competition on skates.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- Hitting the jammer out on the apex, she then cut track and my team got a power jam.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- I didn't know I was lead jammer and was getting so tired but didn't call it off because I had no idea I could, I even gave the helmet panty to the pivot.
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- Don't give up, derby is a really tough sport to learn, but you feel so good rising to the challenges and seeing your improvement.
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- Roller derby has helped me get healthier. It's helped me be more active physically, but also mentally because my job is stressful and derby has been a release for me in one of the toughest years of my life.
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- Derby has taught me to make time to do things that I enjoy, and want improve at.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- I'm so proud to be a Dutchland skater and look forward to becoming a stronger player.