Photo by Zac Evans
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- I started the skater tot program in August 2016 and officially became a team member February 2017.
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- For now, I'm a blocker but someday hope to become a jammer!!!
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- What I love about derby is that is an exciting way to stay active and meet new people. You can also hip check people...which is really fun.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- My favorite moment was the skater tot program. To see improvement in such a short period of time was awesome. I literally had not been on skates since I was 10.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- My most embarrassing moment, so far, was falling on my butt while standing still during a team huddle. There will be more (many more) moments I'm sure.
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- My advice, just do it!!! If I can do it, anyone can.
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- Dutchland has helped me come out of my shell and become a more confident person. It also helped me make new friends!!
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- It has taught me that if you don't mess up or crash or fall, you're not trying hard enough. Anything is possible if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- To my fans: A huge thank you to all my family, friends, co-workers and teammates. Some of you thought I was crazy...but always offered support and encouraging words.