BaBa Bootey #100
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?/ Join Date?
- I joined the Tot program in January 2013. First bout was in October 2013.
- Best Position?
- What brought you to DDR? What do you love about Roller Derby?
- I always loved skating. As a kid I would take any opportunity I could to go to the rink. As an adult…not much has changed except that I am better at it and now I get to share the track with a bunch of really awesome people.
- What do you love about Dutchland?
- I love the unity as a team. The pride everyone has in the league. Strength…Teamwork…
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- It is all one big ball of awesomeness!
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- Yeah…my first home opener I got so nervous during introductions, instead of taking a lap and hitting the sidelines with everyone else I kept skating to try to catch up to the back of the pack. I wondered why it took me so long…I am a dork!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- I think my proudest derby moment is when I got my jerseys. In that moment…It all got real! Another awesome moment is when everyone in my tot group made it to the Crush. We are the ‘super six’!
- Got any injury stories?
- Not from Derby…all injuries seem to happen when I am doing other stupid stuff.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Ridell 265’s
Protective Gear: Scabs
Must-Haves: H20 and a Handkerchief
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- What everyone else says…’just do it’. It changes lives and gives you strength you never thought you had, mentally and physically.
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- Patience. I am still not the greatest at it but this has been an awesome learning experience.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Thank you to my awesome Sister and wonderful friends.