Control, Assault, Delete.
- Join Date?
- October 2009
- First Bout?
- April 2010
- Best Position?
- Jammer, working on my blocking.
- What brought you to DDR?
- I don’t remember at any point thinking, “Should I do this?” There was no question. I passed a Dutchland tent on my way home from work one First Friday. I checked out the website and saw try-outs were that Sunday. I knew nothing about roller derby, had never been to a bout, but something drew me there. And I’m so glad I it did.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- Being a part of such an amazing sport with a bunch of fantastic ladies. Before Dutchland, I was a lazy bum. My days were work couch sleep, work couch sleep. Now I have something I actually want to get off of the couch to do.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- Failing my first try-outs. It may have been due to bum rental skates, but flailing around like a new-born giraffe before we found that out was very embarrassing!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- Being put on the All-Star Charter after having skated for only 8 months. It’s also my most terrifying Derby moment. Thinking about it still makes me want to pee my pants!
- Got any injury stories?
- A badly strained quad muscle kept me from skating in the second and third bout I was rostered for. Hopefully that will be the last!
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell Diablos
Wheels: Atom Omegas
Protective Gear: TSG pads up top, Scabs knee pads, and a bright blue Triple 8 helmet
Must-Haves: Drawers full of tights, and all things blue and nerdy!
- Send out some heart-felt derby love to your peeps…
- Thank you for showing that girls like me can do anything they set their hearts to, for believing in me when I don’t, and for being the most supportive group of girls anyone could ask for!