Photo by Joshua Hoover
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- I entered into the Skater Tot program in January 2014. I went to my first Roller Derby bout in October 2013 with my sister -- who went to support a fellow workmate (Mell Raiser), instantly fell in love with the sport and just knew I had to be a part of it. The three months I had to wait for the Dutchland recruitment meeting were the longest in history!
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- I am a blocker and outside anchor when playing in actual games, but I do like to try my hand at jamming every now and again when we scrimmage.
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- So many things! But being able to play with a great bunch of people -- and NOT dying in the process -- is by far at the top of my list.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- Hitting a jammer out is my greatest achievement. But, working as a solid wall with my teammates and not letting the opposing teams Jammer get through is the BEST feeling.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- The amount of time spent on the floor from falls, and having my glasses fly off of my face from a random hit/block!
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- You are never too old to try something new. And, If you REALLY want it, keep at it -- never give up. It will be hard, but it is so very worth it!
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- I have always been a big fan and promoter of teamwork.This sport actually puts that notion into play as teamwork and communication are essential.
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- Confidence in myself. Thinking you can do something and knowing you can do something are very different from actually DOING something. And that feeling is amazing.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Yes!! Be sure to come out and see us during the next season! You won't be disappointed! And who knows? You might find out that YOU want to be a part of the Roller Derby World!