Genghis Bon #302
Photo by Jim Rhoades
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- I joined the tot program in January 2015 & became a league member in May.
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- Derby is a really great outlet. I'm a pretty laid back person in every day life so it's awesome to come the derby and get to be an aggressive person.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- I was an alternate for the Blitz a few months ago. It was a really tough bout against a really good team. I felt really discouraged with my performance, but afterwards I was told I had a 16 point jam. So that was pretty awesome.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- After each bout when I see pictures of the face I make when I'm jamming.
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- Don't make excuses! Just do it! I almost didn't go to recruitment night because I kept telling myself I didn't have enough time. I haven't regretted joining once.
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- Derby has definitely boosted my self confidence.
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- Discipline and dedication to myself and my team.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Thank you for all your support!