Photo by Mutha Medusa
“I sold my soul to the devil and then I stole it back.”
- Join Date?
- September 2009
- First Bout?
- I started derby in February of 2006. My first bout with Dutchland was in 2009 vs. River City.
- Best Position?
- Jammer, offensive Blocker… I don’t know. I’ll play wherever and do my best at it!
- What brought you to DDR?
- A team with sound infrastructure and copious amounts of potential is what brought me to DDR. The people involved with the league, and their drive to get things done is awesome.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- Getting better at Derby is what keeps me coming back for more. Also, getting those points - those glorious points! Learning new stuff is important. Being the underdog - winning is always the cherry on top.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- Too many to hash out just one.
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- When I saw that email that notified me that Dutchland broke into DNN's top 25 Power Rankings!
- Got any injury stories?
- If i weren't injured, then that'd be a story! Some of my highlights are: A torn meniscus, small ACL tear, strained LCL and MCL, severely sprained ankle, spine and pelvic contusion, nerve damage, broken nose. Along with the everyday malaise of a full-contact athlete.
- Impress us with your skating skills…
- I can go left and right at break neck speeds, more F1 than NASCAR. More chaos than purdy.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell 126 (rs-1000) can’t get rid of ’em, Bont Derby Carbon Pro (Outdoor), but soon to switch to Antik AR-1 (just a waiting on them to arrive)
Wheels: Powerdyne Reactor, Sure Grip XK4 (outdoor), Heartless wheel assortments, Swiss Bones, jam plugs
Protective Gear: crash protection: Protec lid and elbow pads, Smith Scabs knees and gaskets, Pro Design wristguards, custom "I heart refs" mouthguard from Gladiator, and a tough skin!
Must-Haves: Cardio, food, water, oxygen and a good lawyer.
- Send out some heart-felt derby love to your peeps…
- Everyday: Chris, love, fun, coffee, good workouts, Mr. Man, Chris’ cooking.
- Dear fans - cheer loud it makes us skate faster!!!!