Renegade Raven #935
Photo by Mutha Medusa
- Join date?
- I started in Harrisburg with H.A.R.D. in June 2007
I came to Dutchland in August 2009
- First bout?
- With H.A.R.D. - October 2007
With Dutchland - November 2009
- Best position?
- What brought you to DDR?
- I had been skating for several years prior to coming to Dutchland and found that it was time for a change. DDR seem to be moving in the direction that I wanted to go and was a good fit for me. The league was full of positive, motivating, all around good people who loved derby.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- My love for Roller Derby! It is the best sport around. Also, the genuine support and friendship from my teammates and coach are irreplaceable and truly inspires me every day.
- What is your most embarrassing Derby moment?
- I can’t say that I have one.
- What is your proudest Derby moment?
- Every bout is a proud moment…we seem to come one step closer as a team to meeting our goals. To date, I would have to say my proudest moment was DDR being recognized on DNN as a top 25 team in March 2011. We worked really hard this past season. Seriously - blood, sweat, vomit and tears! And, personally, I worked very hard overcoming injury to get back to skating with my team this season – so this is super sweet for me.
- DDR Awards/ Fan Favorite Awards:
- Best Come Back
- Got any injury stories?
- In May 2010, I injured my knee during a bout with the New Skids in Montreal. I didn’t realize the extent of my injury and tried to rehab myself. I played again a month later at ECDX while not fully healed. That didn’t work out so well for me. In June 2010 I learned that I tore my PCL. Recovery would be 6-9 months with intense physical therapy. My first bout back was against DC in February 2011.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell
Wheels: Heartless, Mojos, Atom
Protective Gear: 187 & Pro-design
Must have’s: skinz, arm wear for under my pads, G2, energy yums, and soft stuff for my bad toe!
- Send out some heart-felt Derby love to your peeps...
- Big derby love goes out to Merv the Perv for having faith in me as a skater and person and for making want to be better on and off the track. Also I have lots of derby love for my teammates who inspire me every day with their positive attitudes and motivation - we all have so much to overcome daily in our lives and in derby.