When everyone else is under the table, she’s still standing.
- Join Date?
- June 17, 2010
- First Bout?
- Best Position?
- Still tryin’ to master one.
- What brought you to DDR?
- To prove to myself that I wasn’t too old to play. (Maybe a mid-life crisis?)
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- These girls are awesome — the team spirit and encouragement make you want to come back — no matter how bad it hurts.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- My mom coming up to me at half time of the bout telling me I need to be more aggressive and hit more. (This was also repeated by my 9-year-old daughter the next day.)
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- Making the roster and being able to skate in the home opener in March — it was great to see my kids, husband and parents there cheering me on.
- Got any injury stories?
- I seem to get hit in the head a lot, but so far nothin’ permanent. At least not that I can remember.
- Impress us with your skating skills…
- Year of Friday night at Overlook, but that was long ago. Seriously, I was only on skates about 4 times in the least 15 years before.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell Wickeds
Wheels: Red Tuners
Protective Gear: Scabs knees & elbows, Gladiator mouthguard & Scabs Horseshoes
- Send out some heart-felt derby love to your peeps…
- Thanks to the husband and kids — they have been my biggest cheering section and support.