Sleepy Holla #555
- Join Date?
- January 2013
- Best Position?
- What brought you to DDR?
- I joined DDR to better my health, become involved in the community, and meet a wealth of new people.
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- Everything! The athleticism, sense of community, and never ending support in many ways from not only Dutchland, but other leagues as well.
- What do you love about Dutchland?
- I love that Dutchland is inviting and open to women from all walks of life.
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- Running after the jammer in the front of the pack, about to be called for a no-pack, hitting the jammer out and running back for the first time. I've tried that so many times and haven't been able to catch the jammer, so it was awesome to have finally been able to!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- When I finally passed my WFTDA skater assessment.
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- Injuring myself at practice because I wasn't able to stop in time and ran into the wall.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Bont Hybrid's
Wheels: Super G's and Poison's
Protective Gear: Smith Scab knee and elbow pads, Triple 8 helmet
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- Give it a try! It's worth the amazing experiences and people you will meet. If you find that being a skater is not for you, there is plenty of room for Non Skating Officials and Refs!
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- That confidence comes in all shapes and sizes.
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Thanks for the team support! Holla!