"She goes to 11."
- Join Date?
- June 2007
- First bout?
- April 2008
- Best position?
- Blocker one - front of the pack baby!
- What brought you to DDR?
- I met a former skater, Stompin Lizzy Stanton, at Brendee's Irish Pub one summer evening. She introduced me to Roller Derby, and I showed up for Sunday morning practice the next day. I just keep coming back for more!
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- The camaraderie and fun that my leaguemates and I have together is a real bonus! I am also very grateful for the international Roller Derby community. I can go anywhere in the country or abroad and find a nearby Roller Derby league. I can attend a practice in Alaska and meet women like me who are passionate about this sport. Roller derby has also given me the opportunity to travel.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- I am not embarrassed by anything derby related. Everything about derby, even the painful and frustrating parts, is awesome.
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- I was awarded MVP when we played Providence in September of 2010. Not that I think I was the strongest player on the floor that night, but it is nice to be recognized for your hard work. Dutchland competed in the WFTDA East Regional Playoffs Tournament in 2010 for the first time ever! That experience, while daunting and challenging, was a very proud moment for the entire league.
- DDR Awards/ Fan Favorite Awards?
- MVP Providence versus Dutchland in Sept 2010
- "Spirit of the Team" league award in 2010
- Got any injury stories?
- No serious injuries. One possible concussion and a sprained ankle, but those are hardly worth a story.
- Impress us with your skating skills...
- Just keep putting one skate in front of the other.
- Derby Props?
- Skates: Reidell boots. Powerdyne plates. Bones China Red bearings.
Wheels: Radar Flat Outs
Protective Gear: Nothing to report. Pads are just pads, and they all smell bad!
Must-Haves: Tiger Balm
- Send out some heartfelt derby love to your peeps..
- I have to thank my family and friends for being so supportive. I love Dutchland, and my teammates keep me going. They believe in me when I don't believe in myself. Roller derby has been the best experience of my life.