She’ll make you pray and weep because she haunts you in your sleep.
- Join Date?
- Pocono High Rollers July 2007
- Transferred to Lehigh Valley Rollergirls January 2008
- Transferred to Dutchland Derby Rollers June 2010
- First Bout?
- August 2007 with the Pocono High Rollers, but my first Dutchland bout was with the Blitz against Diamond State Girls on July 18, 2010.
- Best Position?
- I skated mostly as a jammer on LVRG, but I've done both blocking and offensive jamming here at Dutchland.
- What brought you to DDR?
- The level of competitiveness, organization and sisterhood that was evident with Dutchand even as an outsider looking in.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- My very supportive husband Greg because without him, I would have never even started playing Derby. Of course, my awesome teammates who keep me focused when we’re skating and laughing when we’re not. Oh, and Wawa Shepherd’s Pie that I stop to eat almost every practice night on my 2.5 hour commute in to Amish Country.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- I was jammer during a bout on my previous league and grabbed on to one of my teammates shirts for a whip through the pack. I guess I grabbed too hard and ripped most of the bottom half of her shirt off of her. She had to play the rest of the bout like that. I felt really bad for her, but was so happy it wasn’t me!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- Making a comeback to Dutchland after having my daughter in July 2011.
- DDR Awards/ Fan Favorite Awards?
- I was voted MVP from Dutchland when LVRG skated against the Blitz in November 2009 when I was still a member of LVRG.
- Got any injury stories?
- Yes, unfortunately…I was lucky enough to never have a serious injury in Derby until May 2010 when I broke my right thumb. I actually transferred to Dutchland with the thumb fracture, cast and all, and started practicing and bouting with them right away. I guess that’s why my thumb still hasn’t healed properly!
- Impress us with your skating skills…
- Not sure about skating skills, but I can pull a slot machine handle like nobody’s business and make a million references to all 6 of the Rocky movies.
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell 265s with a Roll Line Energy Gold Plate
Wheels: Bone Swiss bearings with Radar Tuner Jr. wheels
Protective Gear: The 187 knee and elbow pads, Gladiator knee gaskets, a Triple Eight camouflage helmet for when I need to be incognito in the pack, and a ShockDoctor PowerGel Ultra Mouthguard to protect my pearly whites because I always say losing a tooth would the only reason I ever quit derby.
Must-Haves: An 80’s scrunchie, my husband whom I affectionately refer to as “Tweety Bird” (he’s gonna kill me!) and daughter Braelyn Belle cheering me on, a fuel-efficient car to drive me 115 miles each way to practice, and of course, baked ziti, my favorite food ever!
- Send out some heart-felt derby love to your peeps…
- I’d like to thank my family and friends for knowing how much derby means to me, how much time it takes away from my personal life and still loving me for it. I’d also like to thank all of our coaches, volunteers, refs, NSO's, and Dutchland fans because without you guys, our league would be nothing.