Her bad side is a dangerous place to be...
- Join Date?
- July, 2006
- First Bout?
- Exhibition Bout 2006
- Best Position?
- Former pivot/blocker, and former Bench Manager for the Dutchland All-Stars and the Dutchland Blitz. Now my best position is behind the computer! :)
- What brought you to DDR?
- Josie Cuervo and I have been friends for a long time. She was the founder of DDR and encouraged me to join. I thought, “Roller Derby? Really? Why would I ever want to do that?” Then one fateful evening, I was at a party at Fujiama Mama’s house when she and White Thrash kept pushing me to check it out. So, with the encouraging words from these three fine ladies, I gave in and decided to see what it was all about.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- Knowing that the Dutchland Rollers benefit different charities from each home bout. Along with that, I’m so proud that the sport of roller derby promotes positivity, friendship and empowerment to women. I love the Do-It-Yourself ethos of roller derby, even though it’s a TON of hard work!
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- In the very first bout in 2006, I did a belly-flop over Hillbilly Hellcat!!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- I always get a tear in my eye when the Dutchland Rollers are being announced at a bout. I’m so proud every time our team takes the floor and just cherish in an overwhelming flood of memories of all that we've accomplished to get us here.
- Another very proud moment is when my home team, the Barn Razors won the 2008 League Championship!
- I was elected as Marketing Director of the WFTDA in 2010. Even though its been a crazy ride so far, I truly believe in the furthering of the sport. Knowing I could make a difference is amazing and truly an honor.
- DDR Awards/ Fan Favorite Awards?
- I received the “Best Pivot” award in 2007 from our league. As a retired skater now, looking back at this, it was such an honor!! Also, the Dutchland Derby Boys and the League voted me MVP for my mad bench managing skills against the Long Island Roller Rebels from their bout with our All-Stars team on June 13, 2009
- Got any injury stories?
- One of my favorites is when I injured myself while going after Rum N. Choke one Sunday at practice… I went after her, hit her pretty hard, got her down, but ended up getting myself hurt in the process. I landed on my knee the wrong way and had a damaged meniscus and had to be on crutches the week after I started a new job!
- Impress us with your skating skills…
- As a “retired skater,” I can impress you more now by all of the behind the scenes stuff that I do!
- Derby props?
- Skates: Riedell Wickeds
Wheels: Atom G-Rods
Protective Gear: I love, love, LOVE the Draven Scabs Pads! They totally changed my outlook on Roller Derby!!
Must-haves: I’m rarely without my tailbone protector
- Send out some heart-felt derby love to your peeps…
- My boyfriend has been the most patient, understanding and loving person to my deep-seeded derby demons. We have derby members in our home almost every week to do SOMETHING for derby… whether it be Board of Directors meetings, stuffing VIP Bags, having people drop stuff off and pick things up at our house, derby social get togethers, committee meetings or having a million derby items stored in my basement and my dining room, my home has always been open to our league. He says, “okay dear” and goes upstairs to play his video games, and lives with the mess I have created around derby. For that, I can never thank him enough.
- Another big thanks needs to go out to my closest derby compadres who keep me sane. Without Josie Cuervo, Belle Fast Bomber, the now retired Stompin’ Lizzy Stanton, and Hillbilly Hellcat by my side, I think I would have had many a derby breakdown. Thank you ladies for being a sounding board in my time of need. I’ve got nothing but derby love and respect for you!!