Photo courtesy Jim Rhoades
Vanitti is my favorite sin ~ Al Pacino
- Join Date?
- January 2012
- Best position?
- Blocker so far but Jammer may be in the cards...hmmmmm
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- Absolutely the most HARDCORE, KICK ASS contact sport I have every participated in!
Now I know WHY I do ROLLER DERBY!!!
- What do you love about Dutchland?
- It's all about women. From track etiquette to marketing, women do it all and then become real, strong, competitive athletes on the track
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- Don't want one!
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- My debut of roller derby when 40+ of my friends and family came out to support me! OH! In the last bout on 11/17/12 as a Jammer (little nervous I must admit)
- What are you looking forward to in the next Dutchland season?
- Continuing to be an effective blocker, refining my skills as a Jammer with Orange Crush and playing in each bout as much as possible!
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- Practice. Stay focused and do not get discouraged (cuz you can easily - VERY physically demanding sport)
ALWAYS ask questions and take mental notes of skills of other experienced skaters and apply in each practice (ask admired skater for pointers too!). You will be amazed how 5 minutes of skating prior to practice will excel you skill level!!!
- What is one thing that Roller Derby/Dutchland helped you achieve?
- Definitely confidence. Definitely friendships. As well as lets me be Vanitti without apprehension (it's SHOWTIME!)
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- I truly must say that I have never been around so many women that support, guide, build confidence, empower and who are dedicated to cultivating a team built on Dutchland Derby Roller ethics. THANKS DUTCHIES!!!!
- Anything you'd like to say to your adoring fans?
- Family, Friends & Fans....THANK YOU for giving me support & love I need to continue at this CRAZY age. Stay tuned as I challenge myself to become a stronger athlete in the sport of ROLLER DERBY and make sure to SCREAM ...STOMP....RING CATTLE BELL to keep my wheels rolling on the track!