“Snitches get stitches”
- Join Date?
- October 2010
- First bout?
- Charm City Female Trouble bout 11-20-10
- Best position?
- Blocker 1 and aspiring jammer
- What brought you to DDR?
- I watched the movie Whip It without any previous derby knowledge. So that sparked my interested. Then as a birthday surprise I watched my first [Dutchland Bout on May 15]](/bout-recaps/2010/may-15). I have been hooked ever since.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- The motivation that comes from working alongside of strong women.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- The amount of time it took me to answer these questions. Ha ha… probably the amount of time I ended up using rental skates.
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- My children cheering for me at my first bout.
- Got any injury stories?
- Strained my hamstring and pulled my MCLs in both knees. When I finally broke down and saw a physical therapist for each, my legs felt better than before my injuries, and I realized how to skate better—and better for my body.
- Impress us with your skating skillz…
- If I fall I can usually “bounce” back up.
- Derby Props?
- Skates: Reidell R3's
Wheels: Currently using flat outs.
Protective Gear: Pro Tech- knee pads, Air speed Elbow pads, Rollerblade wrist guards
Must-Haves: Two sets of laces in each skate… huge difference.