Straight out of the double-wide, to skin your hide!
- Join Date?
- From the Beginning...
- First bout?
- First one
- Best position?
- Standing Up
- What brought you to DDR?
- I was looking for something to do with my friend Cassie Rose AKA Penny Purgatory (Retired). She suggested Roller Derby. I thought it was the best Idea I had ever heard. I asked, “When do we start?!” Granted I was somewhat inebriated at the time, but Like Ernest Hemingway said, “Always do sober what you said you’d drunk.” That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- I think there is something they put in the water fountain at the rink. It is an addiction.
- What is your most embarrassing derby moment?
- It was at a home bout. I was having an adrenaline muscles moment… I broke though a pack right behind the opposing jammer. She had gotten lead jammer. I was on her heals and gaining. So I yelled, "You might as well call it now because I am going to get every point you get!!" I promptly tripped on my own skate and fell face first in front of a group of my co-workers who had come to cheer us on. No show boating! Lesson learned.
- What is your proudest derby moment?
- I think it was when Dutchland was accepted into WFTDA in 2008, and that was accentuated when we qualified for East Region Playoffs in 2010.
- DDR Awards/ Fan Favorite Awards?
- I think got "Goody Clean Skates" as a Fan Award one year and I got a "Dutchland Best Attendance" award a couple of years ago as well.
- Got any injury stories?
- No. Lets keep it that way. Shame on you for asking! You are going to jinx us. Please knock on wood now!
- Impress us with your skating skillz…
- Well come watch and I’ll try!
- Derby Props?
- Skates: Ridell 695’s/Reactor Plates
Must-Haves: A Neckerchief!
- Send out some heartfelt derby love to your peeps…
- I just wanna say thanks to our fans and volunteers, our refs and NSO’s, and especially to our Coach, Merv the Perv. I probably would have given up by now if he hadn’t come along. Also a big thanks to my mom and dad who still after 5 years come to all of our bouts, and my husband for not just marrying me but the sport I love too.