Wild Kat #5
Photo by Jim Rhoades
- When did you start playing Roller Derby?
- I started playing derby in January 2015.
- What positions do you normally play/like to play?
- I'm normally a jammer, but I also enjoy blocking.
- What do you love about Roller Derby?
- I love so many things about derby. First of all, I get to roller skate, which is my favorite thing on the world! I also have met so many amazing women who are so supportive, accepting, fun and kind. Derby has also gotten me out of my comfort zone by making me skate in front of a crowd!
- Favorite Roller Derby moment?
- My favorite moment was getting whipped by Marie Antoithreat during scrimmage while I was jamming. That move was so fun, and it allowed me to get through the pack and grab some points!!
- Most embarrassing Roller Derby moment?
- The most embarrassing derby moment was continuing to jam for a while after I was called to go to the penalty box. I’ve done that a couple of times already; I just get in the zone and don't hear anything outside of the track.
- What is one piece of advice you could give to newer girls or those who are thinking about joining Roller Derby?
- If you love to roller skate and want to challenge yourself, then don't hesitate and give derby a chance. To anybody considering joining Dutchland, I would say "just do it."
- What has Roller Derby taught you?
- You will be amazed to find out how strong you really are and how much stronger derby will help you become, not only physically but mentally.