- Join Date?
- Summer 2008
- First Bout?
- April 2008ish
- Best position?
- Jammer Ref
- What brought you to DDR?
- My cousin, Rachel Slur, had said to me on several occasions to come out to see a bout. I came to my first bout on my birthday in 2007, and I’ve kinda been hanging around ever since.
- What keeps your wheels turning?
- The dedication of all the girls and members of the league, and the fact that I can help them in some tiny way by being around to yell and blow a whistle at them and that it’s actually appreciated, well that keeps me coming back for more.
- What is your proudest Derby moment?
- Ah, I think in October or November of 2008, I had been reffing inside pack at home against Charm City’s Female Trouble. At halftime I was in the skaters’ changing room, snacking on crackers and such chatting with some of our skaters’ children who were helping sell raffle tickets. I decided I should go out to the track to get ready, only to find everyone chanting my name, everyone in position and all the skaters lined up on the track. The entire house had it’s eyes on me.
- Got any injury stories?
- I had some bruises, pulled groin muscle, aches and pains that come and go, bursitis (from open skate).
- Impress us with your skating skills…
- I can keep up with our jammer...sometimes.
- Derby Props?
- Skates: Good ol’ R3’s
Wheels: Slur’s hand-me-down Radar Flat-Outs
Protective Gear: This and that, and Smith knee pads for which I still owe BiRoller money.
Must haves: Uh, water.
- Send out some heart-felt Derby love to your peeps…
- No matter how often you girls yell at me or call your own penalties from the track, you always show your appreciate and understanding later on. I love you all for the dedication, hard work and fancy outfits.
- To all my patient friends who never get to hang out because I’m too busy reffing a bout: my sXe friends in Bmore, Ed, my brother and parents (I didn’t get to see my dad on father’s day because I was reffing an away game for another league)… one of these days I’ll be around.